Traditional Thai Massage “Nuad Boran” is a healing art which was developed more than 2500 years ago. It combines elements of Ayurvedic and Chines medicine with Buddhist spiritual practice and yoga.
Nuad is designed to integrate nature, body, mind and spirit.
It combines dynamic movements, acupressure, stretching (passive yoga), energy work, breath and meditation.
In the bodywork session, the recipient becomes more aware of their own breathing, which amongst other things leads to a better perception of the body and promotes a deep physical and mental relaxation.
During the massage, I use my hands in a loving manner, incorporating passive stretching techniques and gentle compression to the body’s energy lines (“Sen”). It combines static pressure with deep rhythmic movements in order to bring the recipient’s feet, legs, back and arms into various yoga positions. This releases blockages on an energetic, physical and emotional level, activating the flow of energy and helping to create a positive effect on the entire organism.
In Traditional Thai Yoga massage (Nuad Boran) there is typically no use of massage oils and instead comfortable, loose-fitting clothing is worn. So please remember to bring comfortable clothing for the session.
- Reduce stress and improves sleep quality
- Improves the flexibility of muscles, ligaments, tendons and fascia
- Increases joint mobility and improves muscle tone
- Helps to remove physical blockages and release negative emotions
- Improves blood, lymphatic and energetic circulation
- Deep relaxation activates the parasympathetic nervous system, increasing blood flow to the internal organs and stimulating the metabolism
- Yoga postures influence the skeletal – muscular system and improve body posture
- All in all, it increases vitality and facilitates the elimination of toxins from the body